Membership with The Iowa State Bar Association is one of the best investments you can make in your career. Your membership provides you with the tools, research and network that help you stay on top of your practice.
Becoming a bar association member and participating in events (i.e., committee involvement and continuing legal education classes) is an excellent way to make connections with the local legal community, build a network, and learn more about a particular practice area. Here are five reasons to join one today:
- Build your network. Now, more than ever, networking is a key component if you are new to the area, or are just looking to meet attorneys who specialize in a particular area of law. The ISBA is a perfect place to make connections. Bar activities such as section meetings, mentor programs, and social events provide excellent opportunities to meet lawyers and get your name circulating in the legal community.
- Expand your knowledge. The ISBA offers a variety of educational programs to sharpen your skills with more than 40 live seminars, telephone and webinar sessions, and free or discounted continuing legal education (CLE) classes.
- Gain access to members-only resources. You will have access to the membership directory, job postings, Fastcase, Caselaw and other resources not available to non-members. Benefits to becoming a member also include discounts on a wide variety of services – health insurance, IowaDocs, Clio and professional liability insurance. The complete list is extensive.
- Stay informed. The Iowa Lawyer, Iowa Lawyer Weekly, section listservs, and other ISBA activities keep you up to date on the latest news and developments within the legal community.
- Show your professionalism. Joining the ISBA as a law student or recent graduate demonstrates your commitment to becoming lawyer. Becoming active in sections or other activities not only builds your leadership skills but also increases your visibility as a responsible member of the legal community that will pay off for years to come.
Your Iowa State Bar Association is always searching for the latest tools to keep you ahead of the game. Throughout your career, the ISBA will be here to support you in your professional needs.
For more information, contact the ISBA membership department at 515-697-7870 or email@example.com.