|Listserv Use Policy and Disclaimer
Violating antitrust regulations, selling, or marketing is not permissible. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the guidelines listed below. If you have questions, contact the list manager noted in your welcome instructions. ISBA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Do not challenge or attack others. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Remember that ISBA and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this listserv.
- Do not post commercial messages. The cyberspace term for this is spamming. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Please ensure that the messages you post to this list are appropriate for this list. Please do not engage in discussions on whether a topic is appropriate or inappropriate for this list. Such discussions take up valuable space on the listserv, and distract subscribers away from more meaningful discussions. If inappropriate postings or violations of the listserv are noticed, subscribers should not inform the entire group, but should bring this information to the attention of the section or committee chair.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implies leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or supplies; or potential violation of current antitrust laws.
- Members who violate these rules are subject to removal from the list.
Please note carefully all items listed in this disclaimer, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
This list is provided as a service of The Iowa State Bar Association. ISBA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. ISBA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ISBA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ISBA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ISBA and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information.