Registration for this event is now closed. Event walk-ins are welcome starting Monday at the Iowa Events Center.
Join us June 19-21 for the largest gathering of legal professionals in Iowa, The Iowa State Bar Association Annual Meeting. In 2016, more than 1,000 legal professionals from throughout the country descended upon downtown Des Moines, making it one of the largest ISBA Annual Meetings to date! In 2017, we’re only looking to build upon the success of past meetings.
- More than 25 educational tracks including probate, real estate, family law, corporate counsel, employment law and many more.
- In excess of 80 presentations featuring some of the best speakers Iowa has to offer.
- 17.5 state hours of CLE credit which includes 4.75 ethics, 12.75 federal and 3.5 juvenile law hours. The number of CLE credits earned depends on tracks attended.
- New social events such as the Young Lawyers Division (YLD) Tailgate and I-Cubs Game Outing.
- Traditional networking opportunities including the Law School Luncheons (Creighton, Drake and Iowa), the Luncheon Honoring the Iowa Supreme Court and the Annual ISBA Awards Gala.
- YLD Members (Years 1-3) attend all Annual Meeting CLE programming for free.
- Meeting is held in conjunction with the Iowa judges annual conference.
- Interested persons may register for all three days of the conference or only one if needed.
CLE CREDIT - FULL SEMINAR (approved)
17.5 state hours of CLE credit which includes 4.75 ethics, 12.75 federal and 3.5 juvenile law hours. The number of CLE credits earned depends on tracks attended.
Prices below reflect the standard registration fees (early-bird registration ended June 5). Registration for individual days is available. Judges, law clerks, and judicial branch staff attorneys will receive registration information from the Iowa Judicial Branch.
Full Seminar Registration:
ISBA Members (6 Years or More) - $375
ISBA YLD (Years 4-5) - $275
ISBA YLD (Years 1-3) - Free
Non-ISBA Members - $485
Paraprofessional (Legal Assistants & Office Employees) - $175
Law Students - Free
Individual Day Registration - ISBA Members:
Only Monday - $200
Only Tuesday - $225
Only Wednesday - $225
Individual Day Registration - Non-ISBA Members:
Only Monday - $225
Only Tuesday - $285
Only Wednesday - $285
SOCIAL EVENT INFORMATION
Monday, June 19
Law School Luncheons - $25 (Drake and Iowa luncheons are SOLD OUT)
Joint Presidents' Reception (complimentary)
I-Cubs Outing at Principal Park - $7
Tuesday, June 20
50-Year Member Luncheon - SOLD OUT
Probate Track Luncheon - $25
YLD Tailgate (complimentary)
Wednesday, June 21
Luncheon Honoring the Iowa Supreme Court - $25
ISBA Annual Awards Gala - SOLD OUT
Individual tickets for the non-complimentary social events above may be purchased when registering. To purchase multiple tickets to the I-Cubs game, 50-Year Member Luncheon and the ISBA Annual Awards Gala, please see the "Related Products" located at the bottom of this page or on the registration page.
Please be aware that attendees are on their own for lunch if luncheon tickets are not purchased. Due to the location of the Iowa Events Center, walking to nearby restaurants may be difficult for some attendees.
We have arranged Starbucks to be opened from 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. everyday of the event. Starbucks is located through the main doors by room 321.
We highly encourage attendees to participate in scheduled luncheons or make arrangements ahead of time.
In an effort to keep costs down, and to be as "green" as possible, the 2017 ISBA Annual Meeting will be paperless. The ISBA will provide digital copies of the conference materials to all conference attendees, by providing a URL hyperlink to download the written outlines prior to the conference. It is strongly suggested that attendees download the materials in advance of the event. Click here to download materials.
For information concerning Annual Meeting sponsorship opportunities, please contact Harry Shipley at 515-697-7868 or Christy Cronin at 515-697-7874.
The Iowa State Bar Association would like to thank the following Diamond and Gold sponsors for their support: