12:00 - 2:00 p.m..
Map this event »
In-person (ISBA Headquarters) or Live Webinar
625 E. Court Ave.
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
« Go to Upcoming Event List
This two-hour presentation, featuring Kristine Tidgren, has been specifically designed to highlight the latest key issues tax professionals must understand in preparation for the start of the 2019 filing season. Included in the discussion will be a review of the latest IRS guidance and its impact on 2018 returns.
Specific topics addressed include:
• Status of filing season/shutdown impact
• Review of key form/publication updates
• Highlights of TCJA issues most impacting clients
• Review of key individual issues
• The Latest on Section 199A, including review of final regulations if released
• New Worksheets for calculations
• Outstanding questions
• Issues impacting cooperative patrons, including the transition rule
• Depreciation, bonus depreciation, section 179 Update
• Status of technical corrections
• NOL and other loss Issues
• Business interest deduction limitation
• Fiscal year issues
• Due diligence
• Status of extenders
Kristine Tidgren, Director, Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation
CLE CREDIT (pending)
2 state hours
All Member and Non-Member Categories - $75
Law Students - Free
Please select attendance preference (in-person or live webinar) when registering for this event. In-person attendance will take place at the ISBA Headquarters (625 E. Court Ave., Des Moines, IA 50309).
If attending via the live webinar, any materials related to this event, as well as joining instructions, will be sent via e-mail prior to the event. Please include an e-mail address when registering for this event. ISBA members, please make sure we have your most up-to-date e-mail address.
Sponsored by The Iowa State Bar Association Taxation Section and the Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation (CALT)