The ISBA Board of Governors will come together for the spring BOG meeting at the ISBA headquarters building in Des Moines, Iowa, March 23. Members are encouraged to reach out to their district representatives prior to the meeting to discuss any concerns with topics to be discussed.
During the meeting, the governors will be casting their votes for the upcoming year’s leadership. Other items to be discussed or reported are:
- Appointments to the LawPAC Board of Directors,
- Appointments to the Legal Aid Board of Directors,
- Proposed social media guide,
- ABA Justice Award,
- Rule 39.18 Study Committee’s work,
- Access to Justice Study Group’s work,
- Legislative session reports,
- And a variety of routine business.
As with many BOG meetings, comments are anticipated from Iowa Supreme Court Chief Justice Mark Cady as well as representatives from Iowa's two law schools.
In addition to the meeting, the ISBA is hosting a Breakfast with the Bar event in the early morning prior to the meeting, inviting Iowa’s legislators down for breakfast and mingling with the governors and bar leadership.
Members can find their BOG representatives’ contact information on the ISBA website. Additionally, all current BOG contact information can be found on page four of every issue of the Iowa Lawyer magazine.