The Iowa Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates is now sponsoring the Iowa Mock Trial Educator Coach Hall of Fame.
The American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) is a national association of experienced trial lawyers and judges dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the civil jury trial right provided by the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. First and foremost, ABOTA works to uphold the jury system by educating the American public about the history and value of the right to trial by jury.
Recognizing the vital role that mock trial coaches play in teaching Iowa’s youth about the American jury system, the Iowa Chapter of ABOTA is proud to honor middle and high school teachers who have made significant contributions to Iowa’s nationally-recognized mock trial program.
New inductees into the Iowa Mock Trial Educator Coach Hall of Fame will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at each Iowa mock trial middle school and high school state tournament. New Hall of Fame members will receive a plaque commemorating their induction at this ceremony.
New inductees will also be recognized at the Annual Dinner of the Iowa ABOTA chapter which is typically held in October in Des Moines. At this dinner, each new inductee will be presented a $500 honorarium.
Additional Iowa Mock Trial Educator Coach Hall of Fame Information:
Please nominate an outstanding Iowa mock trial team’s educator coach by filling out the form below.
- Nominees must be educators who currently coach or who have coached Iowa middle school or high school mock trial students
- An educator may be inducted into the Hall of Fame only once
- Educators who are nominated but are not selected in the year of their nomination will be automatically considered again for selection in the next two years - after two years, they must be re-nominated to be considered again
- Nominations for induction into the Hall of Fame may be submitted by students, parents, school administrators, other teachers, lawyers, judges, or any other interested parties
- Nominations must be submitted through this web page
- Nominations may be submitted at any time
- Nominations will be considered by a committee of ABOTA members two times each year – in the fall, approximately 10 days (November 4, 2016) before the first day of the Iowa middle school mock trial state tournament and, in the spring, approximately 10 days (March 17, 2017) before the first day of the Iowa high school mock trial state tournament
Questions? Please contact ABOTA member Tim Semelroth at 319-365-9200 or email@example.com.