Thank you for agreeing to speak at the 2018 ISBA Annual
Meeting. Please take a few minutes to fill out the speaker registration form found above.
As an Annual Meeting speaker, you may attend the Annual Meeting
at no charge. If you are traveling more than 100 miles and need hotel
reservations, please fill out the arrival date, departure date, and accommodation section when completing the registration form. The ISBA will pay for a one night room stay (including taxes) for all speakers traveling more
than 100 miles. We have 2 rooming blocks for hotel rooms and speakers will receive confirmation number and location of their hotel.
The speaker registration form will request additional information. Please provide a short speaker bio (2 to 3 sentences) for introduction purposes. Also please include a short description of your topic. This will be used for the event agenda book and also for marketing purposes. Please limit to 2 to 3 sentences. If you have already sent in your short bio and description you will not need to include this. Please mark any audio/visual needs you will have for your
presentation. If you want to purchase tickets for one of the luncheons or social events please see the related products at the bottom of this web page.
Please fill out the registration form by April 26. Hotel reservations will be made on April 27 so please be sure to fill out your speaker register form early if you need a hotel room.
This year's Annual Meeting theme is Ignite Your Practice with Purpose.
Various educational sessions are designed to meet the needs of everyone from a new attorney or court reporter, to an experienced veteran. Learn new approaches and strategies in a variety of topics related to the field, policies and processes, career and staff development, trends and technology, ethical issues, marketing, case law and legislative updates, and many others.
The conference is also a chance to step back, connect with colleagues and remind yourself why the work Iowa legal professionals do is important. From rural practitioners to urban attorneys, probate or criminal law, solo or large firm, younger and beyond, this conference is designed to meet your needs.
ENGAGING YOUR AUDIENCE
Below are some tips to engage attendees. The more you engage your audience the more information they will remember from the presentations.
- Polling questions
- Video Clips
- Encourage interaction by asking your audience questions or asking them to do a 10 minute small group exercise
TITLE PAGE INFORMATION
The first page of the written materials will include a title page. The Bar Office will prepare the title page. Please include in your email with the outline the following information.
- Title of your presentation
- How you would like your name listed on the cover page.
- Your firm or employer’s name
- Contact address and phone number
- Email address if you would like it included.
Please keep the guidelines and tips below in mind when creating your outline.
- Page margins should be no less than one inch margin on the top, bottom and sides.
- The maximum length is 30 pages. This includes any reference materials and forms.
- Please remember to include page numbers in your outline. Paginated (center bottom)
- Preferred format for original materials is Times New Roman, 12 point font, double spaced.
- Please include supplemental PowerPoint slides at the same time you submit your outline. Copy of the PowerPoint will be included with the materials for attendees.
- Please send all outlines to Christy Cronin at email@example.com by the outline date provided above. Materials submitted late may not be included in printed materials.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT OUTLINE
Here are a few additional tips to make your outline the perfect reference materials for attendees.
If you have any questions concerning the 2018 ISBA Annual Meeting speaker registration, please contact ISBA CLE Director Christy Cronin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-697-7874.
- Limit the amount of scanned copies. Scanned copies often produce an inferior print quality.
- Attendees find full citations of cases and resources that you reference useful. Please include this information in your outline when possible.
- Provide forms if pertinent; attendees love them.
- Headings and subheadings help with readability and also bookmarking electronic versions of the outline.
- Please keep in mind attendees often use outlines as reference materials after the event.