Speaker Form for Tax School
12/6/2017 to 12/8/2017
Des Moines 50309
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
2017 BLOETHE TAX SCHOOL
Thank you for agreeing to present at the 2017 Bloethe Tax School. The seminar will be held at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown, 700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309 on Dec. 7-9. Please take a few minutes to register as a speaker by clicking on the registration link above. Registration is free to speakers and during the registration process you will be asked for a short bio and topic description. While registering you can request hotel reservation if traveling over 100 miles and also request any AV that you will need for your presentation.
OUTLINE DUE DATE: NOV. 9, 2017
It is very important that you submit an outline since the attendees are expecting your materials. All materials must be submitted to the ISBA in electronic format.
Please keep the guidelines and tips below in mind when creating your outline.
- Page margins should be no less than one inch margin on the top, bottom and sides.
- The maximum length is thirty (30) pages. This includes any references materials, forms or bibliographies.
- Please remember to include page numbers in your outline. Paginated (center bottom)
- Preferred format for original materials is Times New Roman, 12 point font, double spaced.
- Please include supplemental PowerPoint slides at the same time you submit your outline. Copy of the PowerPoint will be
included with the materials for attendees.
- Please send all outlines to Christy Cronin at email@example.com by the outline date provided above. Materials submitted late
may not be included in printed materials.
- We are able to open the following software: Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, PowerPoint, PDF
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT OUTLINE
Here are a few additional tips to make your outline the perfect reference material for attendees.
- Limit the amount of scanned copies. Scanned copies often produce an inferior print quality.
- Attendees find full citations of cases and resources that you reference useful. Please include this information in your outline when possible.
- Provide forms if pertinent; attendees love them.
- Headings and subheadings help with readability and also bookmarking electronic versions of the outline.
- Please keep in mind attendees often use outlines as reference materials after the event.
TITLE PAGE INFORMATION
The first page of the written materials will include a title page. The Bar Office will prepare the title page. Please include in your email with the outline the following information.
- Title of your presentation
- How you would like your name listed on the title page.
- Your firm or employer’s name
- Contact address and phone number
- Email address if you would like to include this information
If you have any additional questions please email Christy Cronin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you again for agreeing to speak at the 2017 Bloethe Tax School.