The Iowa Lawyer, the official magazine of The Iowa State Bar Association, is free online or in print to ISBA members as part of their annual dues. The magazine informs members on issues, events and developments in the law that impact their practices, as well as interesting interviews and feature stories on the Iowa legal community. The Iowa Lawyer magazine is published monthly, with the exception of the combined December-January issue.
Featured in this Issue:
- Nicolle Schippers from ARAG spreads the word about the changing profession of law
- Why do so few lawyers handle federal workers’ compensation cases?
- How does a law firm find a good cybersecurity company?
- President’s letter: A day in the life of lawyer Nick Slick
- Q&A with new ISBA Vice President Bill Boyd
- Meet an IA Free Legal Answers volunteer attorney
- Tech tips: How to create an Adobe Acrobat file from several files
- Book review: Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts
- How law school made me an actor
- New Jury Instructions now available
- Thanks to 2017-2018 Mentors
Iowa Lawyer Archives
The Iowa State Bar Association seeks to publish original articles that advance the education, competence, ethical practice and public responsibility of Iowa lawyers. Members are encouraged to submit articles around 1,000 words to the editor in Microsoft Word format. Include a short bio of the author(s) and professional photo(s) when submitting.
NOTE: Not all submissions are guaranteed publication. The editors and bar leaders review submissions to a make a determination of suitability. Email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The statements and opinions in this publication are those of the authors and not necessarily those of The Iowa State Bar Association. Readers should consult original sources of authority to verify exactness. Advertising in this publication does not constitute endorsement of a product or service unless specifically stated.
Classified Advertising: Qualifying ISBA members receive two free non-job listings annually as a member benefit. Members should contact the ISBA Communications Department for ad placement. Non-member classified ad rate is $110 at 125 words per listing.
Advertising Rates: Display advertising in the Iowa Lawyer Magazine is handled by Larson Enterprises, Inc., 909 50th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa, 50265. For display advertising and non-member classified advertisement rates, contact Alex Larson at 515-238-4406 or email@example.com.
2017 Rate Card
The Iowa Lawyer is free to members, but if you are a non-member of the ISBA and would like to receive The Iowa Lawyer magazine, the price per year is $40. To purchase a subscription, click here.