The Iowa Lawyer, the official magazine of The Iowa State Bar Association, is free online or in print to ISBA members as part of their annual dues. The magazine informs members on issues, events and developments in the law that impact their practices, as well as interesting interviews and feature stories on the Iowa legal community. The Iowa Lawyer magazine is published monthly, with the exception of the combined December-January issue.
Featured in this Issue:
- July 2017 Iowa Bar Exam results released
- U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform releases
- 2017 Lawsuit Climate Survey
- Iowa's "Court of Collegiality" celebrates 40 years
- State Public Defender's Office division focusing on identifying and remedying wrongful convictions
- Eight simple steps for succession success: Practical tips for law firm succession planning under Iowa Court Rule 39.18
- Fall Board of Governors report
- Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Opportunities coming soon to learn about reducing malpractice claims and lowering malpractice insurance premiums
Iowa Lawyer Archives
The Iowa State Bar Association seeks to publish original articles that advance the education, competence, ethical practice and public responsibility of Iowa lawyers. Members are encouraged to submit articles around 1,000 words to the editor in Microsoft Word format. Include a short bio of the author(s) and professional photo(s) when submitting.
NOTE: Not all submissions are guaranteed publication. The editors and bar leaders review submissions to a make a determination of suitability. Email all submissions to email@example.com.
The statements and opinions in this publication are those of the authors and not necessarily those of The Iowa State Bar Association. Readers should consult original sources of authority to verify exactness. Advertising in this publication does not constitute endorsement of a product or service unless specifically stated.
Classified Advertising: Qualifying ISBA members receive two free non-job listings annually as a member benefit. Members should contact the ISBA Communications Department for ad placement. Non-member classified ad rate is $110 at 125 words per listing.
Advertising Rates: Display advertising in the Iowa Lawyer Magazine is handled by Larson Enterprises, Inc., 909 50th Street, West Des Moines, Iowa, 50265. For display advertising and non-member classified advertisement rates, contact Alex Larson at 515-238-4406 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the 2017-2018 Rate Card
The Iowa Lawyer is free to members, but if you are a non-member of the ISBA and would like to receive The Iowa Lawyer magazine, the price per year is $40. To purchase a subscription, click here.