Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Register
Member Directory
Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Master Calendar

An Overview of Municipal Utilities Law in Iowa (Live Webinar)

Ethics of Mediation (Live Webinar)

New Rules: Expedited Trial and Discovery Changes (Live Webinar)

Expedited Civil Actions and General Discovery Rule Amendments – a Review (Telephone CLE)

Consumer Data & Privacy: Contractual Risk Management Strategies (Live Webinar)

Legal Forms
Share |

Commonly Requested Legal Forms
Please note several of these forms below are provided by The Iowa State Bar Association as a courtesy to the public and several others are located on third-party Web sites; these are not the property of The Iowa State Bar Association.

The Iowa State Bar Association always recommends seeking assistance from an attorney for help with your legal issues. Use of these forms is not a substitute for legal advice. Iowa’s laws and court rules are complex and it is always advisable to talk to a lawyer before proceeding on your own.


Authorization to Release Medical Information
HIPPA Compliant Authorization for the release of patient information form pursuant to 45CFR 164.508
Download form

Bankruptcy Forms
Information and forms to file a bankruptcy
Northern District of Iowa
Southern District of Iowa

Declaration of Final Disposition
A 2008 Iowa law was enacted authorizing adult individuals to execute enforceable written instruments pertaining to disposition of their remains upon death. Effective July 1, 2008, an individual may execute a Declaration designating someone to make decisions concerning the disposition of their remains and the ceremonies following death.
Download form

Family Law Self-Help Forms
These pages provide links to forms to help with modifying child support and filing for divorce with or without children.
Child Support - Self Help
Child Support Modification - Self Help
Divorce with No Minor Children - Self Help
Divorce with No Children - Self Help
Divorce with Children - Self Help

Living Wills
Living Wills, also called Advance Care Directives, are documents that set forth your personal wishes with respect to medical care.  
View additional information

Mechanics Lien
A mechanic's lien is a lien that may be created by a general contractor or subcontractor that attaches to real property. Persons or companies furnishing labor or materials for the improvement of real property may enforce a lien upon the improved property if they are not paid for their contributions, even if the parties have no direct contractual relationship with the property owner.
Download form

Powers of Attorneys for Health Care Decisions
A power of attorney is a written document by which one person gives to another person (the attorney-in-fact) the authority to act on behalf of the first person in one or more matters.
View additional information

Small Claims Forms
Information and forms to use in Iowa Small Claims cases suing for money damages or return of property. In a small claims case the amount in controversy is $5000 or less.
View forms

The Iowa State Bar Association • 625 East Court Avenue • Des Moines, IA 50309
Ph. (515) 243-3179 • Fax (515) 243-2511